Arizona Community Tree Council Presents
Chainsaw Safety Class
Presented in Navajo
This is a Half-Day of Demonstrational Training.
Friday, August 11, 2017
Time: 9:00am - noon
East Side of Nakai Hall (link to map)
Window Rock, Arizona
Registration Deadline July 28, 2017
ISA CEUs Available
Attendees will need to provide their own hearing and eye protection for the demonstrations.
Chainsaw Safety Training
In this demonstrational/educational training, we will cover basic chainsaw maintenance, and a hard focus on safety, PPE, and safe work practices for using a chainsaw. All information in this training will stay within the guidelines of Ansi Z133 - 2012 requirements.
Chainsaw Safety Maintenance GUTS
- Gear Side- All parts and safety features on the gear side of the chainsaw. Proper chain
tensioning, sprocket, bar inspection, oil pump, clutch cover, screw tensioning, etc.
- Under Side- All parts and safety features on the underside of the chainsaw.Tank flap, chain catcher, tank handle, nut tensioning, etc..
- Top Side- All parts and safety features on the top side of the chainsaw.
Spark plug, air filter, carburetor box, choke control, cylinder fins, chain break,
muffler, screw tensioning, etc
- Starter side- All parts and safety features on the starter side of the chainsaw.
Pull cord and handle, starter housing, screw tensioning, etc.
- Discuss Chain Sharpening tips
- Q&A of chainsaw maintenance
- Discuss chainsaw injuries & how they happen
Working with Chainsaw (Demonstrational)
- Proper PPE (personal protective equipment) when
operating a chainsaw
- Checking the chainsaw (safety features, bar, chain
sharpness and tensioning, lubricating, etc.)
- Proper approved Starting methods
- How to Safely deflood the chainsaw
- Reactive forces of the chainsaw
- 5 Part Plan to Tree Felling; target, hazards and
obstacles, calculating leans, method of cut, escape route.
- Limbing and Bucking (identify tension and compression
wood, ergonomic positioning, how to avoid kickback,
transporting a chainsaw, storage, and ripping vs bucking
- Fueling and Storage
Q&A Wrap up CEUs Handouts
Your ISA & PMD(formerly OPM) Certification Numbers are necessary for the CEU sign-in sheets. To help us expedite your CEU submissions, please provide your certification numbers so we have on file.
Go here to send us your certification numbers.