Arizona Community Tree Council Presents
Certified Arborist Training and Review
a 6-Class Course designed to prepare tree-care industry workers for the ISA Certified Arborist Exam
Training Class Dates:
March 3, 10, 17, 24, 25, 30
Download the class schedule.
City of Tempe, Public Works Dept
55 S Priest, Tempe, AZ 85281
April 1 is the CA Exam - A separate registration and exam fee to ISA are required.
What is Certified Arborist Training (CAT)?
The Certified Arborist Training Course is a series of classes designed to prepare students to take the ISA Certified Arborist exam. It is also an excellent introduction to the field of arboriculture, as well as a great review for industry professions. The course is open to all students. CEU's are offered for Certified Arborists.
What will I learn?
Classes cover all chapters in the ISA Arborists' Certification Study Guide. Download the class schedule.
What materials do I need?
The ISA Arborists' Certification Study Guide is included with your Full Registration. (All Daily Registrants are required to provide their own ISA Arborists' Certification Study Guide, and may purchase with from ACTC for $75.)
What is the cost of the CAT Program series?
Full Registration fee for the 6-week CAT program is $395.
Non-members pay the annual membership fee in addition to the registration fee.
What if I am unable to attend all 6 classes? Daily Registration is available for $95 per class. Non-members pay the annual membership fee in addition to the registration fee. The ISA Arborists' Certification Study Guide is not included in the daily registration. Daily registrants are required to provide their own ISA Arborists' Certification Study Guide. The ISA Arborists' Certification Study Guide may be purchased through your CAT Registration, from the ACTC Online Store, or from the ISA Online Store.
When do I need to register for the CAT classes?
DEADLINE FOR REGISTRATION IS FEBRUARY 24.
Download the Registration Form
More Info on the ISA CAT Exam: DEADLINE TO REGISTER FOR APRIL 1 EXAM IS MARCH 13.
- The ISA requires a minimum of 3 years documented field experience before taking the Certified Arborist exam.
- The ACTC/CAT Program series does not include the exam registration and exam fee.
- ACTC is not responsible for your CAT exam registration.
- The Certified Arborist Exam is proctored by the ISA.
- To take the exam, individuals must be registered directly with the ISA at least 3 weeks prior to the exam to be eligible for testing.
- The ISA Certified Arborist Exam also requires a fee to be paid directly to the ISA.
- Please review the qualifications for taking the exam at http://www.isa-arbor.com/certification/becomeCertified/index.aspx
- Call ISA for more details at 217-355-9411.